Marketing Status Notification
The Marketing Authorization Holder is required to notify the Food and Veterinary Service of Latvia when veterinary medicinal product is placed on the market or withdrawn temporarily or completely from the market, pursuant to Article 62 of the Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 600. of July 18, 2006 „Marketing Authorisation of Veterinary Medicinal Products”.
Under the Article 67 of the Regulations No.600, the marketing authorisation ceases to be valid if:
- the veterinary medicinal product is not placed on the market within three consecutive years of the authorisation being granted or,
- where the veterinary medicinal product previously placed on the market is no longer actually present on the market for three consecutive years.
This provision is termed the ‘sunset clause’.
Exemptions from the three-year rule may be accepted, if justified on public health or animal health grounds (Article 69 of the Regulation No.600).
For notification of marketing status, please complete form Notification of Marketing Status of Veterinary Medicines.
The Form should be filled when:
- veterinary medicinal product is placed on the market first time;
- interruption to distribution is longer that 6 month;
- after interruption distribution of veterinary medicinal product is resumed.
This notification must be sent to: Food and Veterinary Service, Peldu Street 30, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +371 67084617